Friday, October 5, 2007

Books so far this year

9-15-07


I'm a fool for post-apocalyptic stories. I love to hear how the few remaining survivors fare (or pillage) in the empty world. The World Without Us doesn't leave any human survivors, but details how the Earth would look and change without humans. Cool.


8-31-07

I’m cuddling up with Edith Wharton’s The Age of Innocence, which won the Pulitzer for fiction in 1921. It’s forcing me to read slowly, which I love, but kinda drives me crazy.

8-16-07

This week is devoted unapologetically to Harry Potter.

8-2-07

This week I found myself descending into escapism and nerdism. I read Larry Niven’s The Integral Tree and Arthur C. Clark’s The Song of Distant Earth

7-5-07

I just finished Year of Wonders by Gwendolyn Brooks. I think I have a new love for Historical Fiction.

6-8-07

I’m reading A Good Scent from a Strange Mountain by Robert Olen Butler. It’s a collection of short stories, and I love short stories.

5-23-07

I’m reading Ironweed by William J. Kennedy. I like it OK but not tons.

5-17-07

I’m reading Violet Crown Award-winner Amanda Eyre Ward’s Sleep Toward Heaven.

5-11-07

I’m reading Pulitzer Prize-winner Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides. I think those Pulitzer people have pretty good taste.

5-2-07

I’m reading Nine Years with the Indians, by Herman Lehmann, right now!

4-25-07

I just read The Optimists Daughter by Eudora Welty. It was sparse and beautiful. I highly recommend it!

4-19-07

I’m reading WLT member Amanda Eyre Ward’s Sleep Toward Heaven. So sad. So good.

3-29-07

I’m reading How to Read like a Writer by Francine Prose. It’s fantastic and will be available in the library when I finish it.

No comments: